Martinelli Luce was founded in 1950 thanks to the intuition and the desire of Elio Martinelli to build his own lighting fixtures. Martinelli began to create a vast production of lamps for interiors, with more and more attention to domestic use. Inspired by nature and geometry, Martinelli creates functional lighting fixtures, highly innovative lighting design and products with materials according to their intrinsic characteristics.
The collection includes Italian lightings of the 1960s and 1970s that have marked the history of design. Some of these lightings, along with others like the Pipistrello and the Ruspa, designed by architect Gae Aulenti, are kept in the most important design museums.
Emiliana Martinelli, who heads the company for many years, now joined by her son Marco, carries on the design inspired by the same principles of her father.